Good news for those of you who have mused about an impending zombie apocalypse: Downward Viral has launched a Kickstarter for their upcoming trading card game, Z., which is “best described as ‘Magic: The Gathering meets The Walking Dead’ (and Left 4 Dead, and Dawn of the Dead, and Highschool of the Dead, and pretty much anything with “Dead” in the title).”
Z. is planned to be playable across multiple platforms, such as Linux and Android, with an initial release for iOS and PC at launch. The game features:
- Cards use real-life models and horror effects!
- Play as either the survivors or the zombies!
- Turn-based cross-platform design modernizes traditional tabletop gameplay.
- Trade cards with friends or scrap duplicates for points to buy new cards.
- A live-action story mode with new episodes and cards every month.
- Progressive role-playing features for leveling up cards and discovering new ones.
- Signature zombie film scenes recreated in a card game!
“Created with you, for you!” Downward Viral acknowledges community feedback in the creation of Z. to ensure that your experience playing the game is an enjoyable one. Not to mention, they vow to remain independent from publishers, which “will result in better games and the creative freedom to work directly with our fans and supporters.”
If you’re all for Kickstarter, zombies, and, well, the bliss in knowing that you’re investing in something uh-may-zing, head on over to Downward Viral’s project page and help them get the ball rolling!